Monday, March 12, 2012

DAY ONE


(In case you read books like me, I like to read the ending first:  Day 1 was a SUCCESS)

PREP

Last night I did complete my Red Flag: Do This - Don't Eat list.  This is that admission list of what makes me breakdown and eat; emotional, stress and comfort eating.  I had many red flags with my 'do this' combining prayer with replacement activity. I also created a I WILL NOT BE SABOTAGED Statement, which is a statement committing to filter all my thoughts that may sabotage my goals. Lastly I did a daily to do list so I have a guide to make this plan easy to follow and assure a better chance of success for me.  I figured most would like to see what these list looks so here is mine!

VAL's RED FLAG "Do This and Don't Eat" List

  • Disappointment – Push ups till I drop and pray;  Don’t EAT
  • Disagreements -  Go for a walk and pray; Don’t EAT
  • Loss of business – Pick 6 new prospects; email/ call to gain meetings;  Don’t EAT
  • Rejection –  Journal and Pray; Don’t EAT
  • Procrastination – Find one step to execute on, do it to completion; Don’t EAT
  • Resolving an issue – Vow to step away for 1 hour, pray and revisit; Don’t EAT
  • Financial concerns – Make calls to just push through and find business with prayer over each one; Don’t EAT

"I WILL NOT BE SABOTAGED!"
  

I will stop sabotaging my goals by thinking I have control over everything in life.  
I will ask myself these questions when I'm frustrated or feeling stressed, overwhelmed or out of control:

  1. Is there something I can change to have a different outcome?  
    1. I commit to change that now.
  2. Does this require someone else to change?  
    1. I commit to accept it,  let go and let God handle it.

 
DAILY TO DOs
 
  • Start each day by 6:30 am
  • Breathing exercise and journal daily
  • Workout 6 days - Rest on the 7th
  • Plan daily meals each morning first thing over a glass of water
  • Eat a small meal before working out and do protein shake after workout
  • Drink Green Tea, Iced Tea, and water (8 glasses of water daily)
  • Gum only, no candy
  • Blog at the end of each day
  • Go to bed early

 MY JOURNAL OF THE JOURNEY STARTS NOW:


Day One...March 12, 2012

6am: Up, opened the house, fed the dogs, prepared my workout music but forgot to drink the bottle of water *arghhh, had a cup of green tea, didn't eat the small meal before working out (oh well I have enough fat to cover that)

7:35am:  Workout Done!  Breakfast: Made my Shake.  
Note to self: check batteries in workout equipment such as the elliptical before starting workout :(.  Completed the full workout with a calorie burn of 250, and then did a short ab workout.  

Time to get on with my day!  
YIKES!!!  Shower and the mirror, REALLY???
I said to 'ME': "Val you're such an idiot to have let this happen"  
Yes I was but it did, so there will be no beating myself up, just healing now.  

Off To Work!

Noon: Lunch!   Salad w chicken

2:30: Snack!  Hummus/green & red pepper and 15 nuts

5:15 pm and I am on the bottom half of 112 oz of Water!!!  Yeah, did it!

Dinner at 6: Chicken with a lot of veggies for me, add rice to that for Bob

 Later...


Watching The VOICE!  Drinking my water, counting my days calories, and working on my upper body moves for tomorrow morning!  It's been a great first day.  Thanks for checking in on me.  More tomorrow!


It's Just Me Val, Ciao'

No comments:

Post a Comment